Table of Contents
Dreamy Peanut Butter Lasagna is a no-bake dessert with layers of peanut butter cookies, sweet cream cheese, creamy pudding, and a whipped topping. Decadent, yet easy to make, it will make you want to skip straight to dessert.
A peanut butter lover’s dream dessert thanks to crunchy peanut butter cookies, a sweet peanut butter filling, and topped with peanut butter chips. This no-bake dessert, also known as peanut butter lush, is an easy no-bake layered dessert.
A potluck favorite, peanut butter lasagna is a dessert that can feed a crowd. You can even make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to serve your show-stopper dessert.
You’ll want to make this decadent dessert for holiday gatherings, birthday parties, and summer barbecues. Serve your peanut butter dessert with hot chocolate or frozen hot chocolate for a classic peanut butter and chocolate flavor combination.
Peanut Butter Lasagna Ingredients
- Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- Cream cheese – softened to room temperature
- Sugar – powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Vanilla pudding – instant vanilla pudding
- Milk – whole milk
- Peanut butter – creamy peanut butter
- Peanut butter chips
The crunchy peanut butter cookies add even more peanut butter to this dessert, but you could also make it with a classic graham cracker crust or even a chocolate cookie crust. If you make the Nutter Butter cookie crust, use the regular cookies rather than the double stuff as there are more in the package. If you get the double stuff you will need two packages to have enough to garnish the top.
Chilling each portion of the peanut butter lasagna allows each layer to set up before adding the next layer. When the finished dessert is fully chilled it’s easier to slice and serve. You can also use a spatula to lift the dessert pieces out of the pan onto serving plates.
In addition to peanut butter chips as a garnish, you could also chop up mini peanut butter cups to sprinkle on top. Chopped peanuts on top would also make a delicious and crunchy garnish. You could also add a drizzle of melted peanut butter, caramel, or chocolate syrup to make it even more decadent.
How to Make Peanut Butter Lasagna
FIRST STEP: Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish and set it aside.
SECOND STEP: Spread a single layer of Nutter Butter cookies to fill the baking dish (about 22 cookies), making sure to reserve about 8 cookies to use as a topping.
THIRD STEP: Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread evenly over the Nutter Butter cookie base. Place in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
FOURTH STEP: Whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until it begins to thicken. Use the whisk or a hand beater to mix peanut butter and an additional cup of Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
FIFTH STEP: Spread peanut butter mixture over the chilled cream cheese layer and place the baking dish into the freezer for an additional 15 minutes to chill.
SIXTH STEP: Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, crushed Nutter Butter cookies, and melted peanut butter. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
Can I freeze this dessert lasagna?
You can store your peanut butter lasagna in the freezer in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Can I make a graham cracker crust?
You can use the peanut butter cookies in the recipe, or you can make a classic graham cracker dessert. You could also make a chocolate OREO crust or a shortbread cookie crust.
What toppings are good on peanut butter lasagna?
Top your dessert lasagna with peanut butter chips, crushed Nutter Butter cookies, melted peanut butter, chopped-up mini peanut butter cups, chopped peanuts, or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate syrup.
How to Store Peanut Butter Lasagna
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover dessert lasagna in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Store peanut butter lasagna in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to three months. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Peanut Butter Lasagna
For the crust:
- 1 16- ounce package of Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
For the cream cheese layer:
- 1 8- ounce cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
For the peanut butter layer:
- 1 3.4- ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whipped topping
For the topping:
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 8 reserved whole peanut butter cookies chopped into pieces
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter melted
- Grease a 9×13 glass baking dish and set aside.
- Spread a single layer of peanut butter cookies to fill the baking dish. You should need about 22 cookies and then you can reserve the remainder to use with the topping.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup whipped topping. Spread evenly over the peanut butter cookie base. Place in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until it begins to thicken. Use the whisk or a hand beater to mix peanut butter and an additional cup of whipped topping into the pudding mixture.
- Spread peanut butter mixture over the chilled cream cheese layer and place baking dish into the freezer for an additional 15 minutes to chill.
- Gently top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips, crushed peanut butter cookies, and melted peanut butter. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or freezer for 15 minutes before serving.