Last updated on
Table of Contents
Skip the takeout and make this easy pepperoni pizza casserole with biscuits! This homemade, biscuit pizza bake only takes 10 minutes of prep and a handful of ingredients.
Change up your pizza night with pepperoni pizza biscuit casserole. Dinner is simple with Pillsbury Grands biscuits as the base to this bubble-up casserole.
Bubble-up casseroles are baked in one pan and typically use refrigerated biscuits or rolls as the bread base. When baked, that bread base rises and “bubbles” up with the toppings.
A fresh green salad would be a great side for this hearty deep-dish biscuit pizza casserole. Serve the casserole with a fresh homemade kale salad or try something new and make a broccoli cauliflower salad.
Pizza Casserole with Biscuits Ingredients
- Grands! Southern Homestyle Biscuits
- pizza sauce
- Italian seasoning
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
- red pepper flakes
Any biscuits will work for Pillsbury biscuit pizza casserole: homestyle, flaky, buttermilk, etc. Whichever kind you use, be sure to cut each into 8 equal pieces so everything bakes evenly.
Mini pepperoni slices would be great with the bite-sized biscuits, but if you can’t find them at the store, regular is fine! The regular pepperoni slices are cheaper and could be sliced in half. You could also use cooked sausage or add your favorite pizza toppings like black olives, mushrooms, green peppers, or onions.
Use your favorite pizza sauce or even make your own. This recipe is so easy to alter to your tastes. Think about adding some parmesan cheese!
How to Make Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
FIRST STEP: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
SECOND STEP: Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
THIRD STEP: Spread biscuit pieces in a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
FOURTH STEP: Pour ½ jar of pizza sauce and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning over biscuits and stir to thoroughly coat all the biscuit pieces with a bit of sauce.
FIFTH STEP: Sprinkle about 1 cup of the cheese over the biscuit mixture and stir again to distribute evenly.
SIXTH STEP: Pour the remaining jar of pizza sauce over the biscuit mixture.
SEVENTH STEP: Top with remaining cheese (you may not need/want to use all of it, but you can for extra cheesy) and pepperoni.
EIGHTH STEP: Sprinkle red pepper flakes (desired amount) and remaining ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over the casserole.
NINTH STEP: Bake for 20-55 minutes or until the biscuits have puffed and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
TENTH STEP: Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Try it with mini pepperoni slices!
Check the biscuits in the center for doneness with a toothpick. You should also be able to see the flaky layers on top.
Serve squares of this bake with extra pizza sauce, if desired.
Storing this Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: Store, covered, for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
IN THE FREEZER: Pizza can be frozen for up to two months. Tightly wrap leftovers with plastic wrap, then add a protective layer of tinfoil.
Pizza Casserole with Biscuits
- 16.3 oz can Grands! Southern Homestyle Biscuits 8 big biscuits
- 14 oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 tsp italian seasoning divided
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 oz pepperoni slices
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Spread biscuit pieces in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Pour ½ jar of pizza sauce and ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning over biscuits. Then stir to thoroughly coat all the biscuit pieces with a bit of sauce.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup of the cheese over the biscuit mixture and stir again to distribute evenly.
- Pour remaining jar of pizza sauce over the biscuit mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese and pepperoni. You may not need/want to use all of it, but you can for extra cheesy.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes (desired amount) and remaining ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over the of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the biscuits have puffed and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.