Hi Everyone…. I’m sitting here ready to write this blog post and to tell you the truth I’m a little nervous. It’s my first official Income Report and I feel like I’m about to expose myself to the blogging world. But, I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s all good. My main goal in making this monthly report available is that I hope to pass along what is working, what isn’t, tips & tricks that have helped us grow our blog and all the fun stuff that goes along with blogging.
And… I hope that all of my blogger friends will share what programs & fun things are working on their blogs (in the comments section ) so that we can call get ideas from each other! Please let me know if I haven’t yet participated in a program that is earning your blogs $$$.
Ok, let’s start out this craziness with a little bit of stats shall we.
In the month of August 2013 we received the highest amount of pageviews for a one month period! Here’s a Google Analytics screenshot but we’ll break it down just in case you can’t see it really well.
Unique Visitors: 18,402
Average Pageviews per visit: 3.05
Here’s our other stats….
Pinterest Followers 3000+
Facebook Followers 1100+
Google+ Followers 172
Bloglovin Followers 372
Twitter Followers 330
Our Link Parties average about 260+ links each week
Google Adsense: $66.61
BlueHost: $ 0.00
Six Sisters Stuff Affiliate Program: $1.20
Escalate Affiliate Program: $ 1.56
(Click on the Escalate button below to be taken to their site)
Total Income for the Month of August 2013 = $ 90.37
#1 Google Adsense
We actually have really great success with Google Adsense every month! We have a total of 3 ad’s on The Best Blog Recipes as well as 3 Ad’s on our other 2 sites Ready 2 Lose Weight & The Best Blog Recipes Gallery for Bloggers!
On The Best Blog Recipes we have a banner placed at the top of our blog, right under the Menu Bar and that placement earns us most of our revenue between the 3 blogs! If you don’t have an AD placement there yet on your blog we highly recommend it!
In the month of August we didn’t receive any income, but for the month of September we’ve already received $65 and are excited for next month’s reporting! If you’re not familiar with Bluehost it’s a Hosting Company that is located here in Utah. We really like using them for a couple of reasons….
- Before we even set up with Bluehost we called a couple of different times with questions about possibly hosting with them. Everyone on the phone was so nice and patient with us. We loved the fact that we could call 24/7 and that the company was in the U.S. which meant that everyone spoke English and was easy to understand. That for us is important. When you’re dealing with website issues the last thing you want to encounter is someone that speaks a foreign language and is hard to understand. On any other day I LOVE foreign languages and wish I had an accent but when I’m stressed out about a problem I just need quick answers without a lot of explaining.
- Their hosting is pretty cheap. You can follow this link —> Bluehost <— and receive a $2.00 discount per month so it totals only $4.95 per month. I love saving money!
- When I accidently took down my site and messed everything up trying to be a creative new blogger I just called up Bluehost and explained what I had done and they fixed my problem and had my site back up in no time
- They have an awesome Affiliate program once you sign up and host your site with them! I make $65.00 every time someone clicks on their AD on my site and signs up and hosts with them. If you haven’t already hosted with them I highly recommend it for the Affiliate Program alone!
# 3 ShareASale
We just signed up for ShareASale a couple of months ago and it wasn’t until mid August that we acually started working their Affiliate Program. In the month of August we made a total of $21.00 for the entire month. We are only 9 days into September and we’ve already made $34.00!
We are a part of a couple of different Affiliate programs with ShareASale. Here’s their breakdown:
- ShareASale itself has an Affiliate Program and we make $1.00 every time someone signs up for a free affiliate account. It actually is adding up pretty darn quick this month (Sept) and we’re excited to get a final number at the end of the month!
- PicMonkey does not have an affiliate program on their regular website. You can only find their Affiliate Program on ShareASale which is pretty darn cool if you ask me! Their payouts are GREAT and we’ve had a great response to their Ad’s on our site! If you don’t do any other program definitely check this out and sign up for it!
- DIYThemes has a great Affiliate Program through ShareASale. If you like to customize your website template whenever you want and don’t want to be stuck with a pre-made template that you can’t change then DIYThemes Thesis Theme is for you for sure! We installed it back in April and we LOVE it! We get to make changes to our layout as many times as we want! And we make money on their Affiliate Program Too!!! In the month of August we didn’t report any earnings, but for September we already have $28 earned!
#5 Six Sisters Stuff
We have Six Sisters Stuff e-books listed on our side bar and every time someone buys one of their e-books we get a commission! It’s not much but it adds up!
#6 Escalate Network
Escalate has some great offers on their site for Affiliates. We have used them more in the past but have switched out focus to ShareASale more recently since our payouts are so much higher. Escalate has a ton of different offers that you can put in our posts and on your side bar. I’ve seen on other blogs that they make $20+ a month with Escalate…. but we just don’t have a ton of time to look for ad’s and switch them out. You do however make an Affiliate Referral with their program too which could earn you more in the long run. We might look at putting a few more of their popular Ad’s back on our site? We’ll see.
#1 VigLink…. This is supposed to be a super cool Affiliate Program that Links existing text on your site and matches it with keywords that you already have on your posts. We’re going to give this program a couple of months to see how exactly we can better our posts and increase the links that will get clicks. We did see that they also have a “Affiliate Referral” so feel free to click here —> VigLink <— and sign up for a FREE account for yourself and check it out.
Let us know in the comments if you are already using VigLink. We’d love to hear how it’s going.
#2 We’re also excited to try another Affiliate Program with ShareASale. It’s called Food Blogger Pro and it’s set up to help newer food bloggers begin and grow their blogs. Their commission is really decent and we’ve placed their AD on our side bar under our Blogging 101 section so that it stands out to the blogging community.