Some of you probably know that I’m on a mission to lose weight. I’m down 30 pounds so far and have taken the past month off to just make sure I could maintain my weight before I set out to lose another 30 pounds of baby weight (it’s still baby weight if the baby is 14 months old, right… lol!) I’ve been good and able to maintain but had such a serious craving the other day for a bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce.
Of course I did what any hungry girl would do in my situation… I frantically started searching Pinterest to see if there was anything I could do to fix my major crave attack while still trying to be healthy.
I found a Recipe Review for a Laughing Cow Alfredo Sauce over at Living a Changed Life and thought it looked easy enough to make, but still wasn’t sure I was going to like it. I had all of the ingredients on hand (which doesn’t happen very often) so I went into the kitchen and made it for me, myself and I. My super cute hubby didn’t want any and I’m sure it’s because I called it a “skinny” recipe. Don’t know what that man has against healthier recipes. If I would have called it comfort food alfredo I’m sure he would have had a bowl with me, lol!
If you’re reading this honey you know you’re a weirdo and I love you for it… even if you don’t eat my healthy food 😉
It only took about 20ish minutes to make start to finish. Funny but even as I was pouring it over my pasta, and then mixing it in I was sure it was going to end up a recipe failure and was so happy (more than you know) that it was DELICIOUS! I seriously could have eaten the whole bowl at that one sitting it was so yummy. But I was good. I split my portions and shared with the baby too! #myweightlossjourney #healthychoices
- 1 cup of fat free milk
- 6 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges, cut up into little pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ of a yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Butter (or light heart healthy butter spread)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried chives (or fresh would work too)
- In a medium sauce pan melt your butter and add your garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- Pour your milk and stir well.
- Add your Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt. Stir well.
- Let your mixture cook for about 15 minutes and use fork or spoon to make sure that your cheese is breaking up while cooking.
- Using a sifter (or you could mix it with a bit of water first) add your cornstarch to your liquid and stir well. Bring to a boil and then turn down and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add your chives and serve over pasta.