Last updated on
Table of Contents
Flavorful sausage green bean potato casserole brings together the perfect blend of meat and veggies to create a meal the whole family will enjoy. This hearty recipe only needs a few minutes of preparation before baking and makes a delicious weeknight dinner.
Made with just a few basic ingredients, this sausage green bean potato casserole comes together quickly. An easy to make one pan meal, you’ll have dinner on the table in less than an hour with this delicious casserole recipe
Tender vegetables and smoked sausage are baked together for this all-in-one casserole dish that can stand on its own as a complete meal or be served with a side dish. If you want you can pair it with some creamy mashed potatoes, a green salad, or some homemade dinner rolls.
Casseroles are go-to recipes when you need a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that is ready to eat in almost no time at all. Sausage green bean potato casserole uses a few pantry staple ingredients to create a tasty and filling meal.
Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole Ingredients
- Potatoes – baby creamer potatoes
- Sausage – smoked sausage
- Green beans – fresh green beans
- Garlic – whole garlic cloves
- Onion – yellow onion
- Oil – olive oil
- Salt – kosher salt
- Pepper – fresh cracked black pepper
This sausage green bean potato casserole is incredibly flexible! Don’t have any smoked sausage on hand? Polish sausage, kielbasa, smoked turkey sausage, chicken sausage, andouille sausage, or chorizo can be used instead of smoked sausage in this easy recipe.
If you want to add more vegetables to your casserole, you can also add Brussel sprouts, carrot sticks, or sweet potatoes to this vegetable and sausage recipe. To help everything cook evenly try to cut your potatoes and other vegetables into small, bite-sized pieces. This will also help ensure that they cook at the same speed as the green beans.
To make your dish a bit spicier you can add red pepper flakes when you are tossing the vegetables and sausage with the other spices. Cajun seasoning would also be a zesty flavor you can add to this casserole.
How to Make Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
FIRST STEP: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray the pan with nonstick spray.
SECOND STEP: In a large mixing bowl, add the halved potatoes, sliced smoked sausage, fresh green beans, sliced garlic cloves, and sliced yellow onion.
THIRD STEP: Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetable mixture. Using either your hands or tongs, toss the vegetable mixture until everything is completely coated.
FOURTH STEP: Spread the vegetables and smoked sausage evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
FIFTH STEP: Evenly sprinkle the kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
SIXTH STEP: Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Using a spatula, turn the vegetable mixture. Bake for another 15 minutes.
SEVENTH STEP: Remove the pan from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
Can I make this casserole in a crockpot?
Yes, sausage green bean potato casserole can also be made in the crockpot. First, brown the smoked sausage and onions. Add to your slow cooker. Add the halved potatoes, green beans, and sliced garlic cloves. Cook for 3 hours on high.
What are creamer potatoes?
Creamer potatoes are varieties of potatoes that are harvested before they are mature to keep them small and tender. You can also use baby red potatoes in this recipe. Sweet potatoes, carrots, and broccoli are all delicious alternatives in this casserole.
Can I prepare this dinner ahead of time?
You could prepare this recipe ahead of time by mixing the sausage and veggies and storing them in a sealable gallon-size baggie or container in the fridge. Once you are ready to cook it, pop it onto the baking sheet and into the oven.
How to Store Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover sheet pan sausage casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This sausage potato and green beans recipe can be stored in a freezer-safe container or a resealable bag in the freezer.
Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- 1 ½ pounds baby creamer potatoes washed and halved
- 14 ounces smoked sausage cut thin on the bias
- 12 ounces fresh green beans washed and ends snapped off
- 4 whole garlic cloves skin removed and sliced thin
- ½ yellow onion sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the halved potatoes, sliced smoked sausage, fresh green beans, sliced garlic cloves, and sliced yellow onion.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetable mixture. Using either your hands or tongs, toss the vegetable mixture until everything is completely coated.
- Spread the vegetables and smoked sausage evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle the kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Using a spatula, turn the vegetable mixture. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.