These Budget Friendly Chili Dog Recipes are delicious, cheesy, easy to make, and will have your family coming back for more!
Did we mention that they are kid friendly too? They make the perfect last minute dinner when you haven’t had time to plan anything else.
Most of these recipes use easy pantry and refrigerator ingredients that you can keep on hand when you need an emergency dinner idea for your hungry family.
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS BUDGET FRIENDLY CHILI DOG RECIPES
You’re in luck because these recipes are so easy to make and take minimal budget friendly ingredients. Definitely a bonus if you are trying to get as much food for your family as you can on a limited budget.
I suggest buying hot dogs in bulk if at all possible. Then you can break them down into portions that your family will be able to eat in one sitting and freeze the rest in the freezer.
If you are able, making a big batch of homemade chili and freezing it is a great way to have dinner on the table after a quick defrost during the week.
Pair those two ingredients with a few extras and you can easily make chili dogs 5 different ways to keep your family excited about, you guessed it… chili dogs for dinner again.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH CHILI DOGS
While we are talking about Budget Friendly Chili Dog Recipes, I thought it would be good to suggest a few different ideas for what you could pair with your dinner recipe.
I’ll list a few of my favorites below:
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy to keep in the pantry for when you need it, and you can get it at Walmart for $0.55 cents or less. That would keep your total cost of dinner below $10 while still being able to feed 4-5 people.
- Country Time Lemonade
- Look for the large container of drink mix. You can keep it in the cupboard and easily make 2 quarts right before dinner.
- Dill pickles are my favorite, but you can use whatever floats your boat. Pickles cut into spears are easy to serve and everyone can grab 1-2, or in my case 3-4 because, don’t mess with my pickles. They are my fav!
- Bag of Chips
- Whether you love Doritos, Ruffles, Corn Chips, or Tortilla Chips, you can usually pick up a bag for $3.80 or less. You might end up spending $10-$12 dollars on your meal if you opt for the more expensive chips but that’s okay when you are saving on the rest of the ingredients.
Hungry yet? Check out our list of BUDGET FRIENDLY CHILI DOG RECIPES below:
1. CHILI CHEESE DOG BAKE
From My Incredible Recipes :: Click HERE for the RECIPE If you need an easy, cheesy, budget friendly dinner recipe then you are really going to LOVE this. It seriously only takes minutes of prep time, you put it all in the oven and in just 18 minutes dinner is ready — and it’s SO good too.
2. OVEN BAKED CHILI CHEESE DOGS
From LIFE IN THE LOFT HOUSE :: Click HERE for the RECIPE This recipe for Oven Baked Chili Dogs is so delicious and would be a great idea for a summer potluck or some game day food. They are a yummy alternative to regular hot dogs!
3. TATER TOT CHILI DOG CASSEROLE
From THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW :: Click HERE for the RECIPE Tater Tot Chili Dog Casserole is a cheesy, savory, and fun new twist on tater tot casserole and chili dogs! This casserole is easy to make with leftover or canned chili!
4. 15-MINUTE CONEY SAUCE RECIPE
From THE ANTHONY KITCHEN :: Click HERE for the RECIPE A quick-fix coney sauce recipe featuring ground beef, ketchup and the perfect mix of spices.
5. LOW CARB / KETO CHILI DOG BAKE
From SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A CRAFTY MOM :: Click HERE for the RECIPE Have you ditched the carbs and sugar in your diet? If so, don’t worry! You can stay on your Keto plan and still enjoy a delicious Chili Dog with this Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole.
6. CHILI CHEESE DOG BAKE
From CENTSLESS DEALS :: Click HERE for the RECIPE Ever have one of those little hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough that everyone secretly loves? Well, how about a hot dog casserole made with biscuit dough that tastes just like it?
7. CHILI CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH CHEESE FRIES
From 4 SONS R US :: Click HERE for the RECIPE When life get’s busy, we could all use a bit of easy, comfort food to pick us up. This Chili Dog Casserole with Cheese Fries doesn’t ever disappoint, whatever the day- or your schedule- may have in mind.
8. QUICK HOT DOG CHILI SAUCE
From SPEND WITH PENNIES :: Click HERE for the RECIPE A zesty beanless chili in about 15 minutes, this recipe has ground beef, tomato sauce, and seasonings for the perfect topper!
9. CHILI DOG BISCUIT CASSEROLE
From THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW :: Click HERE for the RECIPE The American classic chili cheese dog turned into an easy weeknight casserole! This dish is full of flavor and makes a fun dinner the whole family will love.
10. CROCK POT CHILI CHEESE DOGS
From THE COUNTRY COOK :: Click HERE for the RECIPE So easy and delicious thanks to a mixture of store-bought chili, cheese sauce and hot dogs.
HERE ARE A FEW MORE DELICIOUS RECIPE POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY TODAY:
- HOMEMADE SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- FOIL PACKET RECIPES
- MEATLOAF RECIPES
- EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPES
- THE BEST PICNIC AND POTLUCK RECIPES
- SLOW COOKER BEEF DINNER RECIPES
- OLD FASHIONED GOULASH RECIPES
- ZUCCHINI ZOODLES NOODLES IN A LOW CARB SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- BEST CHINESE RECIPES
- BEST CROCK POT DINNER RECIPES
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Meet Shauna, Owner and Founder of The Best Blog Recipes! (and her adult daughter Bailey)
A Type A organizer, Shauna is at her happiest when she gets a new box of highlighters and gets to cross things off of her to do list.
Shauna lives just outside Salt Lake City with her husband Joe and sons Joey, 8, and Wylie, 6.
Shauna not only loves to cook food, but loves to eat it too! She is a firm believer in using easy ingredients to create delicious recipes that her family and friends can easily re-create at home.