Last updated on
Table of Contents
Completely decadent and mouthwatering, these creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms will become a delicious family favorite you’ll want to make again and again.
Creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms are a super easy, flavorful dish that is packed with great taste and texture. Cremini mushrooms meld perfectly with butter, garlic, spices, cream, and freshly grated Cello Parmesan Cheese for an exceptional recipe you’ll crave.
Offering the perfect flavor on its own, you’ll find this recipe is low-carb and keto-friendly. These mushrooms could also be paired with pasta, chicken or bacon for an even heartier meal.
You’ll find this meal to be irresistible and you’ll love how simple it is to make.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
There are many things I love about this incredible, homemade recipe.
For starters, it’s an easy meal to make. It comes together in one skillet, making it a simple choice to love.
While it’s effortless to create, it’s loaded with big, amazing flavor. You will think it’s delicious!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms Recipe
We start with sliced mushrooms, butter, oil, and garlic.
Then a rich, creamy sauce forms with the addition of heavy cream, herbs, spices, and Cello parmesan cheese.
It’s a decadent, indulgent meal that will leave your mouth watering for more.
Ingredients for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms (baby Bella)
- olive oil
- garlic, minced
- dried thyme
- heavy whipping cream
- fresh grated Cello Parmesan cheese, divided (¾ cup and ¼ cup)
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
High-quality ingredients make all the difference in this fresh dish.
That’s why I love Cello Cheese Copper Kettle Chisels. They offer a superior, premium product that makes this recipe shine.
Once you try Cello Cheese yourself, you’ll know exactly what I mean. They’re deliciously uncommon, offering a bold, mouthwatering taste for foodies who crave the best.
Their Copper Kettle Wedge, Chisels, and Shredded/Shaved cheeses are inspired by European tradition.
Their one-of-kind cheese is cooked in copper kettles and aged for 16 months to develop complex flavors, unlike any other cheese you’ve ever discovered. The result is a unique combination of rich, nutty flavor and fruity notes, with a distinctive finish.
I couldn’t resist snacking as I cooked — the flavor is phenomenal! I also think their packaging is fabulous. You can see where to find Cello Cheese near you here.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients — and cheese to snack on 😉 — it’s time to get started.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter and olive oil.
Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and cook until tender and brown, about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the dried thyme over the mushrooms and cook for about one minute stirring several times. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the cornstarch into the ½ cup of milk and pour into skillet with the mushrooms. Stir until thickened.
Then add the heavy whipping cream, ¾ cup of grated Cello parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes and fresh sprigs of thyme.
Lower the heat to medium-low and stir until the cheese melts. Remove the woody sprigs of thyme.
Serve garnished with the extra grated Parmesan cheese and parsley as garnish.
I hope you make these amazing creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms soon!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms baby bella, cleaned gently with damp paper towel and your preference of slice sizes
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Cello parmesan cheese divided (¾ cup and ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Fresh thyme several sprigs (optional)
- Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter and olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and cook until tender and brown (about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle the dried thyme over the mushrooms and cook for about one minute stirring several times. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch into the ½ cup of milk and pour into skillet with the mushrooms. Stir until thickened.
- Then add the heavy whipping cream, ¾ cup of grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes and fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and stir until the cheese melts. Remove the woody sprigs of thyme.
- Serve garnished with the extra grated cheese and parsley as garnish.