I love pizza! But who doesn’t, right! I have my favorites and I’ve always loved pizza with a white garlic sauce, yum!
But….. I am not a huge fan of making homemade pizza dough. I’ve tried a ton of recipes but none were just right. Or maybe I’m just really turned off to making anything that requires letting a dough rise. I don’t know, dough is just not really my thing.
But then I came across a recipe over at Dinners, Dishes & Desserts for a Roasted Garlic, Chicken, & White Herb Pizza that she made for her #SundaySupper and I wanted to try it so bad! I ended up getting a Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust in the refrigerated section of the store and was crossing my fingers that it would turn out good. I was so happy when we sat down to eat and it was delicious! Pizza crust and all!
With the combination of parmesan cheese, milk, cream, herbs, spices & onions this pizza was to die for! But, I am pregnant and craving pizza (and I think Joe is having sympathy cravings too) so you’ll just have to try this Roasted Garlic Chicken White Sauce Pizza for yourself and let me know what you think.
* One note… Joe sprinkled his slices with Cilantro and it gave it a nice flavor too! He wanted me to make sure he mentioned that 😉
We’ve also shared this recipe at LeMoine Family Kitchen! Stop by and check out all of Angela’s yummy recipes when you get a chance! She’s got some goodness going on over there 😉
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked, chopped & sprinkled w/ garlic salt)
- 1 container refrigerated Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted & minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup skim or 1% milk
- ¼ cup half & half
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried/ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon + 1 teaspoon (or more) dried parsley, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Chicken & Garlic Directions
- You can cook your chicken and garlic in the oven at the same time. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut your chicken breasts in half, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic salt. Rip off a large sheet of foil and fold into a square box so that it is raised off of the baking sheet enough that any chicken juices will not reach your garlic. Place garlic on the foil and bake at 375° until the chicken juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from the oven and chop the chicken into small bite sized strips. Peel the garlic and mince.
- For the Pizza Crust
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Spray your pizza baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the pillsbury pizza dough out to the desired thickness and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sauce Directions
- While the pizza dough is in the oven, add butter and roasted garlic to a medium sauce pan. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in your milk and half & half and whisk together. Reduce heat to medium-low. Sift flour over milk mixture while whisking together to prevent lumps. Add ground black pepper, ground thyme, dried oregano, ½ teaspoon dried parsley & garlic salt and whisk well. Turn off heat and add parmesan cheese. Stir together until all cheese is melted.
- Assemble Pizza
- Spoon your sauce onto half baked pizza crust.
- Top with chicken
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over entire pizza
- Sprinkle red onion evenly over mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon (or more) dried parsley on the very top of the pizza
- Final Baking Instructions
- Place entire pizza back in the oven for an additional 5-6 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 1-3 minutes, or until the cheese and crust reach your desired doneness!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are some other recipes that you might enjoy while you’re here: