If you're looking for more Medifast Lean and Green Recipes to add to your diet, then this is a perfect choice. This Broccoli Taco Bowl is gluten free, can be made in less than 15 minutes, and is very filling! Not to mention, it follows the Medifast diet so you don't have to worry about figuring out what to make next!
It's only day number 3 for me today and my hubby asked if I would mind if he made Tacos for lunch. Uhm, YES! As a matter of fact, I would mind! I was starving, it was almost time for me to eat, and I love Mexican Food.
The past 2 days I've been ok and haven't really had too much of a problem being around food. Today was different though. We'll just call it the day 3 craving!
I could have eaten everything in the house, but I didn't. I was good! Tacos sounded delicious though and decided to make my very own special Medifast Lean and Green 5 & 1 recipe version!
Today was my broccoli day so I used broccoli where I would have normally used beans and rice. I used an ounce less of hamburger so I could add an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese to the top. It felt like I was getting a little something extra which was nice!
I also threw a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes on the very top when it was done. It really helped spice it up and give it a little extra flavor! I'm talking a pinch... you can't even really measure it out because it was so small but was just enough!
Lean and Green meals seem like they wouldn't be that good, but try this Medfast Lean and Green Recipe: Broccoli Taco Bowl, and you're sure to change your mind about how healthy yet delicious they really are!
Medifast Lean and Green Recipe: Broccoli Taco Bowl
- 4- oz lean ground hamburger
- 1- oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cup broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup Rotel tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt divided
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken stock
- Put your broccoli in a bowl with your chicken stock and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until tender and cooked.
- In a large skillet brown your hamburger and drain the grease if needed when it's done.
- Add your Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- When your broccoli is finished cooking then add it to your skillet and toss with the hamburger mixture.
- Add everything to a bowl and top with your shredded cheddar cheese.