It's day number 3 for me today and my hubby asked if I would mind if he made Tacos for lunch. Uhm, YES! as a matter of fact I would mind! I was starving, it was almost time for me to eat, and I love Mexican Food. The past 2 days I've been ok and haven't really had too much of a problem being around food, but today was different. We'll just call it the day 3 craving! I could have eaten everything in the house, but I didn't. I was good! I did want tacos though and decided to make my very own special Medifast 5 & 1 version!
Today was my broccoli day so I used broccoli where I would have normally used beans and rice. I used an ounce less of hamburger so that I could add an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese to the top so I felt like I was getting a little something extra which was nice! I threw a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes on the very top when it was done and it helped spice it up a bit too! I'm talking a pinch... you can't even really measure it out because it was so small but was just enough.
Medifast Lean and Green Recipe: Broccoli Taco Bowl
- 4- oz lean ground hamburger
- 1- oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ¼ cup broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup Rotel tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt divided
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken stock
- Put your broccoli in a bowl with your chicken stock and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until tender and cooked.
- In a large skillet brown your hamburger and drain the grease if needed when it's done.
- Add your Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- When your broccoli is finished cooking then add it to your skillet and toss with the hamburger mixture.
- Add everything to a bowl and top with your shredded cheddar cheese.