It’s day number 3 for me today and my hubby asked if I would mind if he made Tacos for lunch. Uhm, YES! as a matter of fact I would mind! I was starving, it was almost time for me to eat, and I love Mexican Food. The past 2 days I’ve been ok and haven’t really had too much of a problem being around food, but today was different. We’ll just call it the day 3 craving! I could have eaten everything in the house, but I didn’t. I was good! I did want tacos though and decided to make my very own special Medifast 5 & 1 version!
Today was my broccoli day so I used broccoli where I would have normally used beans and rice. I used an ounce less of hamburger so that I could add an ounce of shredded cheddar cheese to the top so I felt like I was getting a little something extra which was nice! I threw a pinch of Red Pepper Flakes on the very top when it was done and it helped spice it up a bit too! I’m talking a pinch… you can’t even really measure it out because it was so small but was just enough.
Note: This is my version of a Medifast Lean and Green Meal that I ate while on the 5 & 1 plan. I stay as close as possible to the condiment recommendations, measurements and other program advice. Please verify that you are using the correct measurements and allowed foods while on plan.
Medifast Lean and Green Recipe: Broccoli Taco Bowl
- 4- oz lean ground hamburger
- 1- oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Rotel tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt divided
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken stock
- Put your broccoli in a bowl with your chicken stock and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until tender and cooked.
- In a large skillet brown your hamburger and drain the grease if needed when it's done.
- Add your Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes and stir well.
- When your broccoli is finished cooking then add it to your skillet and toss with the hamburger mixture.
- Add everything to a bowl and top with your shredded cheddar cheese.
I count this as 1 lean meat, 3 servings of vegetables and 2 condiments.
Here are the 5 Medifast Meals that I enjoyed today as part of my 5 & 1 plan (can you tell I love chocolate, lol):
- Medifast Brownie Softbake
- Medifast Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Medifast Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Medifast Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Cereal
- Medifast Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs
FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON THIS JOURNEY!
You can sign up to receive my Weight Loss Journey Newsletter that will have my weekly pictures, the progress I’m making along with healthier recipes that I’ll be eating throughout this process. Thanks everyone for your support in this! Can’t wait to show you what I can do and how much I can lose