This Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Rolls recipe is so easy to make, saves you money when you make this instead of getting pizza delivery and the best part is the whole family will love them!
I’m always on the lookout for easy to make recipes that my family will love. That is kind of the point of The Best Blog Recipes. I search for recipes that I can change so that my picky kids and husband will eat them. When I saw 2 different recipes for Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls (Damn Delicious and The Girl Who Ate Everything) I knew that this would be a real winner in our house. On the nights that I take off from cooking we often go and get pizza and trust me, that can get expensive after a while. That’s why I’m loving that I can make a whole batch of these Crescent Pizza Rolls and not break the bank… and not make too big of a mess either so it’s a win-win in my eyes!
I knew my family would probably just want plain pepperoni filled pizza rolls because that’s just how they are. I wanted a little bit more so I broke out the olives and chives and made mine a little bit more grown up! You really could do anything with these and fill them with any of your favorite pizza toppings. I’m thinking I’ll try some pre-cooked sausage next time. Yum, that will be good!
One thing I have to note about this recipe: The next time I make it again I’ll opt to buy the block of mozzarella and shred it myself so that my cheese is all melty and oozy inside. The cheese sticks that I used were soft but not complete melty goodness like you see here and here. If you had true shredded mozzarella it would melt so nice and probably run out of the sides a little bit and that would make me happy. Yeah, melty cheese makes me smile. I’m a food blogger. Those kinds of things get me 😉
- 1 tube of Crescent Rolls
- Your Favorite Pizza Toppings: Mini Pepperoni, Sausage, Olives, Diced Canadian Bacon, etc....
- 1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese (the cheese sticks didn't really melt well so I'd use shredded instead)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°
- Separate your crescent rolls into individual triangles and lay on your baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper (not required but it helps them not burn on the bottom).
- Add your favorite toppings to the wide end and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the ends inwards to keep your toppings in place and roll shut.
- Top w/ chives
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes depending on your oven. Mine took about 14 minutes (just watch the tops of them. When they are golden brown they are done).
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle your garlic powder and salt over the top.
- Serve with your favorite marinara or ranch for dipping!