Last updated on
Table of Contents
Sweet and tangy, this flavorful dipping sauce is perfect for dipping chicken fingers, nuggets, or any other finger foods that could use some extra flavor. Skip the drive-thru and make this dipping sauce at home.
The best dipping sauce is creamy, sweet, and tangy, and only takes 5 minutes to make. This flavorful mayonnaise-based dipping sauce is good for dipping just about anything, from chicken to french fries, and even fried pickles.
This versatile sauce doesn’t need to be limited to dipping either. You could spread your dipping sauce on burgers, sandwiches, or anything else you might put ketchup or mayonnaise on.
Perfect to serve with appetizers at a party or as part of an easy weeknight dinner. So quick and easy to make you can mix some up whenever friends or family stop by to visit.
Chicken Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- Garlic salt - if you don’t have any garlic salt you can make your own using salt and garlic powder. Combine 3 parts salt to 1 part garlic powder.
- Pepper - coarse black pepper
- Hot sauce - Cholula or favorite hot sauce
- Worcestershire - if you don’t have Worcestershire sauce, you can substitute soy sauce
By mixing the mayonnaise and ketchup together first you’re creating a base for your dipping sauce. Then you can add in the other seasonings, gradually building to the spice and flavor you want.
Primarily sweet and tangy, there is just a bit of spice to this recipe. Want more heat? You can easily add more hot sauce for a spicier dipping sauce. Keep in mind that Worcestershire is strong, and you probably don’t want to add more than ½ teaspoon, or it will overpower the other flavors.
While it only takes 5 minutes to make, it’s also easy to make your dipping sauce several days in advance. If you’re making your sauce ahead of time, keep a lid on the container or place a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the sauce to prevent a skin from forming on the top.
How to Make Chicken Dipping Sauce
FIRST STEP: Mix together mayonnaise and ketchup until fully combined.
SECOND STEP: Add the remaining ingredients, mixing half or so in at a time and adjusting to taste.
THIRD STEP: Serve with freshly fried chicken fingers.
What can I use this dipping sauce for?
Use this dipping sauce with all of your favorite finger foods including chicken nuggets, chicken strips, fried chicken, french fries, fried pickles, and popcorn shrimp. You can also use the dipping sauce as a spread for hamburgers and other sandwiches.
Can I add other seasonings to my sauce?
Mix in different seasonings, spices, or sauces to customize the taste of your dipping sauce. Try adding sweet barbecue sauce, tangy yellow mustard, or honey mustard. Increase the heat by adding additional hot sauce, chili sauce, or use a spicy ketchup.
Can this sauce be frozen?
While this sauce can be made ahead of time, we don’t recommend freezing this dipping sauce.
How to Store Chicken Dipping Sauce
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover dipping sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
IN THE FREEZER: We don’t recommend freezing this sauce.
Chicken Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cholula hot sauce or favorite hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- Mix together mayonnaise and ketchup until fully combined.Pro Tip: I like mixing the mayonnaise and ketchup first so that you have your base and can add the other seasonings gradually to achieve the spice and flavor you want.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing half or so in at a time and adjusting to taste.Pro Tip: There is just a bit of spice to this recipe. Add more hot sauce for a spicier taste.Pro Tip: The Worcestershire sauce is strong - don’t add more than ½ teaspoon, or it will really overpower the other flavors.
- Serve with freshly fried chicken fingers.