- 1 pork roast (we get ours from Costco and it comes in a 4 pack) (It's about a 1½ pound roast)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 package McCormick Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
- In a small bowl mix your McCormick seasoning, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and ½ cup of your brown sugar. Stir well.
- Turn your slow cooker on LOW heat and add your pork roast & sauce mix making sure to coat both sides of the roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (depending on your slow cooker) or until the pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove your roast from the slow cooker and add the remaining brown sugar to the slow cooker and stir in. Shred your pork and add the meat back to the slow cooker for about 20 more minutes.
- Serve with pinto or black beans, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion & rice. Yummy!
And just so it's easy for you... the McCormick seasoning is in the spice aisle with all of the other packets of seasoning. I've found it at Walmart, Target, Smiths & Winegar's but Walmart has the best price by far.
Disclaimer... I'm not saying this is a copy cat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork recipe, this is just a really terrific alternative to Cafe Rio if you can't go or have never had it. I love this because I can make this meal for my entire family for about $13 and I can feed 4 people. When we go out to Cafe Rio it costs $9 per person with a drink ($36 is super expensive for a "Fast Food" joint). That saves me about $23 when I make this at home!