Table of Contents
This No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie is the perfect cool and creamy summer treat that is made with only 5 simple ingredients. It’s a budget friendly recipe that is easy to make and sure to please your friends and family.
Grab Cool Whip, Strawberry Jello and a ready to use graham cracker crust and you’re set to make this quick jello pie. It’s the perfect comfort food after a long hot day in the sun, or when you need to serve last minute guests in the evening.
There is something about a cool Jello pie that is so comforting and delicious, and if you’ve never made one it’s shockingly easy to make. This pink Strawberry pie with Jell-O is the perfect no bake dessert for guests or a special weeknight supper. It boasts a fresh flavor with an easy filling nestled in a graham cracker crust..
This is a quick recipe that kids can help make and is perfect for when you want something sweet and delicious but don’t want to be spending too much time in the kitchen.
Plus, it’s no-bake so it’s great if you’re already using the oven for something else or if you just want to avoid turning on the oven in the hot summer heat!
It does take a while to set, so ensure that you give yourself a good 4-5 hours before you want to enjoy this easy pie with your loved ones.
Jello Pie Ingredients:
- Boiling Water – make sure it’s nice and hot so it dissolves the Jello crystals
- JELL-O Strawberry Flavor – can use sugar free or regular
- Ice Cold Water – it’s needs to be COLD so it sets the pie so don’t skip the ice cold part!
- Cool Whip – use “thawed” regular or sugar free whipped topping
- Ready to Use Graham Cracker Crust – pick a good one that doesn’t have any cracks in it!
PRO TIP: It’s easy to crush graham crackers by placing them into a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Don’t forget to add butter, sugar, and brown sugar to the graham crackers before making your pie crust. Here’s a good recipe if you want to make your own crust.
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS:
CRUST: You could also substitute crushed vanilla wafers or golden Oreos for the crust.
JELLO: Depending on the time of year you could easily switch up the flavors to match the season. Here are a few of my favorite combos:
- Cherry Jell-O + Cool Whip = No Bake Cherry Pie
- Lemon Jell-O + Cool Whip = No Bake Lemon Pie
- Lime Jell-O + Cool Whip + Key Lime Slices for decoration = No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Orange Jell-O + Cool Whip = No Bake Orange Creamsicle Pie
- Island Pineapple Jell-O + Cool Whip = No Bake Pineapple Pie
- Raspberry Jell-O + Cool Whip = No Bake Raspberry Pie
- Strawberry Banana Jell-O + Cool Whip + Banana Slices = No Bake Strawberry Banana Pie
TOPPING: Maraschino cherries, strawberry slices, key lime slices, lemon slices, mandarin oranges, raspberries, and banana slices would go perfectly depending on which jello flavor you used. Have fun with it and make it your own recipe!
How to Make Strawberry Jello Pie:
First Step: Boil your water as you prepare your other ingredients.
Second Step: Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jello for two minutes until completely dissolved.
Third Step: Add the ice cold water to the gelatin mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
Fourth Step: Then whisk in 2 cups Cool Whip until well blended.
PRO TIP: If you have any extra strawberries in your fridge, you could mix in a few diced strawberries to your jello and Cool Whip mixture.
Fifth Step: Refrigerate the pie filling for 30 minutes.
Sixth Step: Smooth out into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
PRO TIP: It does take a few hours to set up so give yourself at least 4 hours before you want to serve this pie to ensure that it’s ready to serve.
How to Store Jello Pie:
IN THE FRIDGE: If you have any pie left over, put it back in the fridge to keep it set and cool until you are ready to serve again.
IN THE FREEZER: We do not recommend freezing this dessert. The gelatin doesn’t freeze well and the texture and consistency will change once thawed.
Strawberry Jello Pie
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 3-oz package JELL-O Strawberry Flavor
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 16-oz tub cool whip
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust 9-inch
- Boil your water as you prepare your other ingredients.
- Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jell-O for two minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add the ice cold water to the gelatin mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in 2 cups Cool Whip until well blended.
- Refrigerate the pie filling for 30 minutes.
- Smooth out into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.